Now Hiring: Buddhist Peace Fellowship Seeks Development Director
Do you excel in Development and seek to transform toward just, life-giving economic systems? Would you love to work with the kind of organization that divested from Bank of America due to ethical conflicts, and truly values relationships with supporters of all financial backgrounds?
We are seeking a motivated steward of equity and abundance to join our team. Please apply by June 1st.
In partnership with the two Co-Directors, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as Buddhist Peace Fellowship continues in a present strong growth cycle. Assuming roles and responsibilities currently shared by Co-Directors, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function from a strong foundation. Thoughtful collaboration and communication with Programs will guide Development in alignment with the values of a Buddhist organization that aims to be a trustworthy friend and contributor to bold social movements for peace, justice, and environmental defense.
People of color, transgender and gender-nonconforming people, people with disabilities, and those working with an intersectional, anti-oppression liberation framework are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Develop and execute Buddhist Peace Fellowship’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals and foundations in alignment with BPF’s mission and values
- Manage CRM implementation and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Support Board and Staff members in developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors
- Refine existing systems for sustaining and growing large base of individual donors
- Oversee organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation funding
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Three-plus years experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with CRMs
- Experience in Buddhist communities; familiarity with Buddhism
- $26/hr, 30 hr/wk
- $500/mo healthcare stipend
- Professional Development
- Performance-based bonuses may be available
Location [Edited to Add]
- While we have a strong preference for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we are open to candidates who are an exceptionally good fit for the position but live elsewhere.
As the work of Buddhist Peace Fellowship expands to meet greater demand, we envision an eventual 6-person staff collective structure in which the Development Director will partner with Directors of Administration, Media, Training, Action, and Network.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter which includes: the reasons you are drawn to Buddhist Peace Fellowship; a summary of the skills and experiences you will bring to the role; and name and contact details of two references indicating the capacity in which they know you.
Only short-listed applicants will be notified, and the position will be open until it is filled.
Applications can be sent to email@example.com with subject line: Director of Equity & Abundance.