Now Hiring! Development & Communications Associate
Are you ready for daily connection with social justice warriors rooted in Buddhist practice and values? Excited to support the financial growth and development of socially engaged Buddhism through a mix of communication and data management skills? Come join Buddhist Peace Fellowship as our new Development & Communications Associate!
In partnership with our 4-person staff team, the Associate will assume a mix of data management and communications duties that support BPF’s relationships with thousands of supporters in our growth. They will work closely with and report to a Co-Director who will serve as the Development lead, and will also have access to additional mentoring from skilled fundraising professionals. This position has opportunities for advancement in fundraising and communications duties, and will have options to link with other programmatic activities such as trainings, retreats, actions, and class series. Thoughtful collaboration and communication with Programs will guide Development in alignment with the values of a Buddhist organization that aims to be a trustworthy friend and contributor to cutting-edge social movements for peace, justice, and environmental defense.
People of color, transgender and gender-nonconforming people, people with disabilities, and those working with an intersectional, anti-oppression liberation framework are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is based in Oakland, California.
- Enter all donations into our donor management software, Bloomerang
- Send email and letter acknowledgments, plus thank you gifts
- Hold 1-on-1 conversations over email, phone, and in person with small and mid-range donors to foster connection with BPF’s mission and work
- Support direct mail and online fundraising campaigns
- Assist other staff, board members, and volunteers to enter all data about donors into our donor management software
- Manage an editorial calendar for website, email, & social media
- Format and edit a biweekly e-newsletter
- Post content to social media (Facebook, Twitter) and BPF’s website (WordPress)
- Make social media memes and other light graphic design (Canva)
- Gather stories from BPF’s network of staff, program alumni, and members to create online content
- Repackage prior BPF media into PDFs or other formats for new audiences
- Edit video & audio recordings
- Complete audio transcription and photo/video description for better accessibility
- Organize volunteers to assist with audio transcription, A/V editing, and thank you calls
- Develop strategic partnerships with related media outlets to share BPF’s content with wider audiences
- Strong commitment to BPF’s mission, to bring Buddhist perspectives to social movements of our time.
- Experience with some of the responsibilities listed above; enthusiasm to learn new skills on the job
- Highly organized, reliable, detail-oriented, attentive to deadlines, and solves problems well
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys a balance of independent and collaborative work
- Experience in Buddhist communities; familiarity with Buddhism
- 30-40 hours/week depending on your availability
- Pay rate: $22-24 per hour depending on experience
- $500/mo healthcare stipend
- Professional development
Send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll begin reviewing applications August 21st and plan to schedule a first round of interviews the week of August 28th.