Join the Conversation at TWM
- provides a platform for lively debate — from cultural commodification of Buddhist iconography, to symbolic vs. direct action, to issues of power and privilege, race, gender, class, and (dis)ability in Buddhist community.
- lifts up Buddhist perspectives on important current events — local, national, and international.
- guides inspired readers to groups already taking action — from the anti-fracking movement, to water rights resistance, prison hunger strike support, anti-nuclear efforts, and more.
- brings Buddhist teachings into conversation with the world — through internet memes, big issues of the moment, and stories of everyday “washing-the-dishes” wisdom.
- inspires, nourishes, and challenges our movement — featuring engaged Buddhist poetry, visual art, and other balm and grist for the spirit.
- Thich Nhat Hanh
- Joanna Macy
- Gary Snyder
- Alice Walker
- Sandy Boucher
- Sulak Sivaraksa
- Robert Thurman
- Norman Fischer
- Susan Moon
- Robert Aitken Roshi, BPF’s founder
We will continue to bring this level of analysis and diverse reflection to you, and we will continue our efforts to find new voices and new visions as the growing movement of Buddhist activism changes from generation to generation.